was founded in the early 60's, with that enthusiasm that only the unbridled passion of youth can create. Since they were boys, the two founders of Italeri
loved airplanes and military vehicles. Soon they were no longer satisfied with the models available at the time: they wanted something more and better. What they wanted was not available, so they decided to produce it themselves. Their hobby turned into an accurate research, and became the motivating force to produce the models that modelers want, with no imperfections whatsoever. Thus the company asserted itself, always increasing his range of products and growing. Also thanks to the imagination and the talent of the founders and of their colleagues, Italeri
in time became a leader in modeling, finding its place on the international market.Historical Research
Accurate research is the basis for design and production of all of our models. Before developing a new project, Italeri
puts great effort into the historical research of details for the scale model. Attention to every little detail, information about the historical use of vehicles, paint schemes, colors of uniforms, and so on, allow our customers to create models that accurately portray all the periods with the highest realism possible. We want to turn a fun hobby into a cultural statement.A large catalogue
A large catalog and a lot of models to choose from, to make your collection unique: this is an important asset for a company that wants to promote modeling all the world over. A product range comprising many models yet always adding new products, always attracting more and more modelers to this limitless hobby. From accurate models of 1/72 scale airplanes, to large 1/32 scale ships, the Italeri
ranges put no bounds to your creativity. Our love for this hobby gives us a continuous stream of ideas to interest modelers.Worldwide exclusive products
also specialized in exclusive models that only Italeri
produces all the world over. Some examples:
- The most famous Italian airplanes of Regia Aeronautica in WW2. From the small biplane fighters Fiat CR-42 to the Savoia Marchetti SM82 trimotor transport airplane/bombers, the history of Italian air forces can be faithfully reproduced and collected.
- Military vehicles of WW2 Italian Army, such as the AB series “autoblindo” (armored carriers), including the original railway version, the small L6 tank or the rare P40 tank.
- The 1/35 boat models, with amazing kits such as the Maiale, the Barchino or the upcoming M.A.S.
- The large line of 1/72 miniatures, especially useful for wargamers.
Quality and caring for our customers
always cares for quality, to make modeling a fun and rewarding hobby for our customers. All of our product lines feature:
- high quality plastics to warrant easy assembling;
- most kits have photoengraved details to enhance drybrushing and weathering effects, making your models as realistic looking as possible;
- great care in assembly instructions and historical documentation. In 2004, Italeri introduced Photographic Reference Manuals (PRM), unique guides including detailed information, photographs of the vehicle in action, zoomed details for accurate historical reproduction, excerpts from the original technical manuals, and especially different versions and paint schemes of the vehicles. A great help for both the novice and the experienced modeler.
- Accurate details, with many kits having resin or photoengraved parts, enhancing the realism of the model.
Continuous innovation and new modeling challenges
The entire Italeri
production cycle takes place in the new 10.000 sqm plant: from design (done with state of the art CAD/CAM technology) to printing and packaging of the final products. Great attention to innovation and research allows Italeri
to create kits that are veritable modeling and technological challenges.
At the end of 2008, Italeri
presented the largest plastic kit in the world: the 1/35 scale Schnellboot S100. The one-meter long, faithful reproduction of the famous WW2 German motor torpedo boats is a record not only in size but also in modeling technology. It features:
- A new assembly system for the bridge and the hull
- More than 600 highly detailed components
- Photoengraved finishes for an accurate reproduction of details
Italeri will continue to do its best to create new exciting products and models. Our biggest accomplishment is making the wonderful hobby of scale models more and more popular.